Repentance

Repentance
I Repented, that's why I'm a happy godless slut now.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Obligatory Introductories

So, I went back and forth on this labeling stuff for a long time, but a while ago, I decided that (for the moment, at any rate) I'm alright with it. I know there's the fear of being restricted by labels, but I think that I like them for quite the opposite reason; they give me a freedom. Mostly it's the freedom of not being alone. These words help to connect me to a larger group of people in some very real ways.

Now, the other confession/frustrating thing is that I don't believe I have ever laid out in a single place for any one group of people all of the self-identifications that I like. This sucks. This is the opposite of freedom. I hate hiding, I hate the implication that I am constantly acting, because I constantly feel as though I am and I struggle with that.

And so, I am... a papa. I am... an atheist. I am... a secular humanist. I am... a religionist in recovery. I am... an alcoholic in recovery. I am... a polyamory person (totally not in recovery). I am... a feminist. I am... a total bibliophile. I am... a geek (in a limited sense, technology not really being one of them)... or a nerd, depending.

And I will discuss and reference and otherwise sling about related words and things that grab my interest, excite me, piss me off, etc.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment